Oceanside California DMV Bows to Islam

The Islamic onslaught of America continues, and unfortunately non-Muslim continue to bow down to the demands of Muslims. All Americans should be outraged that our brave troops are overseas fighting the violent jihad, and yet our weak government is letting the lawful jihad slowly, tear us apart from within.

DMV apologizes to Muslim woman for taking off religious head scarf.
By Brian Flores FOX 5 San Diego Staff
June 3, 2010

OCEANSIDE, Calif., – Is it discrimination or miscommunication ? An Oceanside woman claimed she was discriminated at a branch of the Department of Motor Vehicles back in February.

Dina Rabie said that during a trip to the Oceanside DMV office about three months ago, an employee told her that she had to take of her “hijab” or headscarf.

“It’s a religious thing. It’s for Muslim women. you have to wear it. It’s more than covering your hair,” said Rabie.

But when she posed to take her license picture, after moving to San Diego from New Jersey, she claimed the DMV employee told her that she needed to take it off because ‘it was the rules.’

“Everybody was looking at me, and I was very embarassed actually,” she said. “I was like, I have my New Jersey drivers license, I have my green card, and I never had a problem with that, and I never had to take off my scarf in public.”

According to Dina, taking off the hijab in public is similar to being naked. Nonetheless, shocked and embarrassed, she complied and took the picture anyway. With her mother and brother waiting outside, she said she was in tears after the incident.

“He said, this is not New Jersey or New York. This is California,” she said of the DMV employee.

But now with the help of the San Diego chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, she wants her message public, and doesn’t want anybody to go through her situation, no matter what religion they believe.

“I just don’t want to see anybody in my situation. It was very embarrassing. everybody was looking at me like I’m from a different planet or something,” said Rabie.

Since the incident, the DMV said this was a misunderstanding between the employee and Dina. In a statement, the DMV said: “This isolated incident is a very unfortunate misunderstanding/communication between the customer and the employee who was taking the photo. It is a long standing policy that customers may keep their head coverings on if they are needed for religious reasons. The only stipulation is that the face has to be totally visible (eyes, nose, mouth) with no shadows.”

The DMV also said the field office manager has reviewed the policy with the employee, and steps have been taken to stop misunderstandings in the future. The DMV field office manager also apologized to Dina and arranged for her to come in next Monday to retake the photo, said the DMV.

However Dina said she is unsure whether she will do that.

“I’m very embarassed to be in the same situation or to be treated in a special way or something,” said Rabie.

The DMV said they will also hold a refresher course on religious head coverings policy at field offices next Wednesday.

Link to Article

Warn the World

Comments

comments

0 0 votes
Article Rating
60 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
kendra_m
12 years ago

The worst part is that last paragraph. They think the employees need sensitivity (dhimmi) training. Ugh.

Reply to  kendra_m

They need to beat the crap out of arselifters who refuse to comply with the law.

MoFo
MoFo
11 years ago
Reply to  Gary Rumain

The law is that a head-scarf can be worn, so I’m not sure who you want to beat. But I am for beating the crap out of most DMV workers on general principle.

maria
maria
12 years ago

I am so sick of this nonsense. Rules are rules. I had on one time a little scarf, my hair was messed up and I had to have passport taken, I had to take my scarf off.
Leave that religion in the part of the world were it belongs.
Over there, they don't care how we like to live.
Keep on giiving in to those people, everytime they want a little more from the West. Stay in the East and leave us alone..

Chicago Ray
Reply to  maria

It’s Dihmmi creep’ and it’s everywhere we turn, say anything ‘you’re a racist’.

Trouble of Biblical proportions isn’t ‘coming’, it’s ‘here’

Fairness
Fairness
Reply to  maria

I wonder if we’d be so outraged if it had been a Catholic nun in a habit, or an Orthodox Jew waring his Yarmulke. The First Amendment is designed to prohibit: arbitrary discrimination against religion with no compelling government interest. Further, the Religious Freedom Restoration Act passed by Congress in 1993 requires that such general rules give way to strongly held religious convictions unless they meet the test of compelling necessity.

Reply to  Fairness

Do you know of any Catholic nuns with a drivers license? If so, ask them to show it to you.

maria
maria
12 years ago

Oh tjee, am I hurting somebody's precious feeling?
So you on this site are bowing down to them too.

BlackbootJack
12 years ago

Maria is absolutely correct. Let everyone keep giving in and apologizing for "our errors" and we will end up a nation of classes, just like the Mid-East. and guess who will have the majority of privileges?

BlackbootJack
12 years ago

chris…could you repost mine too? thanks!

skepticsam
skepticsam
12 years ago

What will things be like here in 20 years from now? Guess i will start looking for a cheep prayer rug.

Reply to  skepticsam

One that can fly?

Robin Shadowes
12 years ago

Pat Condell has a warning to America.

Barb H
Barb H
12 years ago

Well, now I guess that any of us dhimmis can go into the DMV with scarves on our heads just exposing our eyes, nose and mouth and we'll be okay, right, for our picture? The alien and hostile planet the Islamists are from is not MY planet! The reason people were staring at her is because people are wising up about Islam. Get used to it you female Muslim slave!! Islam is a scourge on our nation. Unbelievable that they are being allowed to come here, especially when their ideology teaches them that it is their "right" and sole intent to subdue every nation on earth and bring every person under Islamist rule or kill them. Islam and our Constitutional Republic are incompatible. They can never exist peacefully side by side. Political correctness is the road to hell.

Barb H
Barb H
12 years ago

My comment wasn't posted either—I misunderstood. I thought this site is against Islamification of the USA and is critical of Islam. I hope that you really are NOT just a billboard advertising for how Islam is successfully taking over America. Maybe I made a mistake. Have you or your family been threatened? Are you ill? Did you convert? What's happening? Do we get egg roll with our taqyiah? Why print articles about Islamification and have a comment section, you know?

Novadude
12 years ago

What happened to assimiliting in your host country, We dont need anymore muslims in America, we should declare war on muslims, they are at war with us,, ???? wth

Jill Infidel
Jill Infidel
Reply to  Novadude

They have NO intentions of assimilating and when asked, they loose thier minds and go off on a tangent about how that means we want them to be boozers and drug addicts chasing women and being immoral. It is kinda funny watching them have a freakin coronary.. angry little people they are…

Reply to  Novadude

They aren’t here to integrate. They are here to take over. They call it immigration jihad.

Robin Shadowes
Reply to  Gary Rumain

Exactly! The arabpig word for it is al-hijra.

Tonto
Tonto
12 years ago

The People's Democrapic State of Kalifornica is hopelessly socialistic. The Marxist there will side with ANY side that is not anti-American or damages American values in some way. Unrealistically, as usual, they side with the muz, against American values, unwittingly opening the door for sharia support progress. Sharia law would not make those dimwits happy, but they don't know what it is yet.

Reply to  Tonto

Of course, but libtards want to destroy the “system” *whatever they think that is) and they view this as one way of doing it.

CW Orange
Reply to  Tonto

Not to worry. They will be bankrupt and thus ineffective before long. They cannot stop spending so the day of reckoning is close at hand. When they can no longer maintain law and order they will be history, and people will take over the state.

Jill Infidel
Jill Infidel
12 years ago

“…everybody was looking at me like Iโ€™m from a different planet or something” No honey- it is BECAUSE you wear the hijab that we look at you like that.

aerialcat
aerialcat
Reply to  Gary Rumain

My best guess: california elephant seal

Reply to  aerialcat

Reminds me of a Beach Boys song – “I wish they could all be California elephant seals”.

Ismellam Uslim
Ismellam Uslim
Reply to  Gary Rumain

The head scarfs should be banned fromanywhere public. They look like Rogue Daleks… or Black Pillar boxes, (for the Americans -thats a Black English Post box ), They drive looking through smaller slits than a Second World War tank!
EVERYBODY else has to remove headwear,including crash helmets when going into banks,petrol ststions and even corner shops! So WHY should it be one law for us?…. and another for the Muslims??? This is an AngloSaxon Christian country,not another Muslim mess! (I mean Muslim State!!).

Reply to  Ismellam Uslim

If you’re in a bank when they walk in, you should point at them and yell “Bank robber!”.

Cindy
Cindy

Stage 1:
Start immigrating – move into a country quietly

Stage 2:
Begin starting churches: “learning centers”
community helps: food etc.

Stage 3:
Political activism: demanding rights, denounce
derogatory comments/press etc.

Stage 4:
Get elected, pass laws favoring rights etc. move toward
political majority

Stage 5:
Political control, Sharia Law

12 years ago

In Soddy Barbaria, bints aren’t allowed to drive.

I think I know why now!

Robin Shadowes
Reply to  Gary Rumain

Must be one of the most repulsive countries in the world. I can’t think of one pislamic country that is not absolutely despicable.

Reply to  Robin Shadowes

Neither can I!

Always On Watch
12 years ago

When are Moslems going to apologize for 9/11?

12 years ago

Wasn’t it all our fault for not bowing down to them? Maybe that’s why O’Bummer if bowing to them left and right.

๐Ÿ˜‰

Ann-Marie
12 years ago

Probably when pigs fly ;o)

Truth Detector
12 years ago

I’m adament about this — I sincerely believe that Muslims should also go to sensitivity training so that they will understand why we Americans are incensed when Muslims ask for special privileges from the taxpayers. Why do Muslims think they are “the best of people”?

Muslims should understand why we Americans became angry when Muslims bombed the Trade World Center.

Muslims should understand that we love salami sandwiches, that we should be able to eat them in front of anyone, including Muslims, without reprisals or snide remarks.

Muslims should understand that Americans love freedom of speech, and that we should be able to criticize Islamism for stoning women to death, or that we should be able to criticize Islamism for relegating women to second class status without reprisals from Muslims.

Muslims should understand why we Americans cannot accept the cruelties of Islamism.

Why must it always be a one-way street? Muslims, too, should go to sensitivity training. We Americans are sick and tired of the antics of Islamism.

Reply to  Truth Detector

Yeah, the best of people is a real joke. The most backwards people on the planet are arselifters.

aerialcat
aerialcat
Reply to  Truth Detector

I would also add; American culture loves & respect women.

Ann-Marie
Reply to  Truth Detector

Yesssss!!!! Love it!

evi kartika
evi kartika
12 years ago

i read all the comments about hijab and muslim.now can we discuss about children sex abusive by the priest all over the world? any comment?

Reply to  evi kartika

Why? This site isn’t about pedophile priests. But we can discuss pedophilia in pislam if you like. Mahound set the example and he’s the model for all arselifters.

evi kartika
evi kartika
12 years ago

ok.you already read islam 101: the religion of rape or what the heck you guys called.but did u actualy read i mean really really read and study muslim in qur’an? and did u really think all i mean all muslims just like what you think?by the way i hate to say this, i’m agree with u to not like some syariah law.christian are not trying to impose a set barbaric laws like you said that is true but don’t you know some of them trying to reqruit non christian become one of them with disgusting ways? i don’t know if you heard this one.but alots happened in asia.no judgement. i didn’t say the bible taught their believer to do that.just the humans sometimes got”brain damaged”

evi kartika
evi kartika
Reply to  admin

i didn’t know you wrote all those thing and studied about them for 8 years.i impress but you missing something,learn about islam and muslim from me. because i think you read a different qur’an?( i really believe only one holy qur’an) but i didn’t see such thing like that in it.would you like to see and study my qur’an the one i always look up to in my whole life? by the way this is your website? i accidently found this.i didn’t realize this website for muslim haters.but honestly really nice chating with you thought..

evi kartika
evi kartika
Reply to  admin

yes i declared i do know better about islam than them or all the books had you read.you know why? because i know how to act like a real muslim.the one my parent taught me how to respect other religions (half of my extended family is christian and my grandparent from my dad too even i attended junior & high school in catholic school) and others no matters what colours their skin or hair.they taught me how to love eventhought with your enemy(i know is kind of hard)and help others without see their background.sound cheesy ha? but that’s the truth.that’s why i’m always proud born become a muslim.suddenly i really want to meet you without my hijab on (so you not going to know my back ground)and hang out till you know who actually i’m .just want to know what is your opinion about me. love and peace,man….

Reply to  evi kartika

What do you mean become one of them with disgusting ways?

I can’t think of anything worse than being an arselifter and drinking camel urine, Mahound’s urine and faeces, being a pedophile, abusing women and kids, raping, lying, stealing, murdering, etc. pislam is one sick cult.

12 years ago

There’s an interesting story happening locally that’s sort of related to this.

A policeman in Sydney pulled over a driver for a minor offence. When he was presented with her driver’s licence, he asked her to remove her veil so he could verify it was her. She refused. She later lodged a report of racism against the officer.

There’s a video of the news report here but its been shortened –

What’s interesting is that Mamdouh Habib, former GITMO inmate, is involved somehow. He can be seen in the background with a suit and sunglasses (on the right) at the 14 sec. mark.

He might be familiar to New Yorkers. I’ve seen a video of him and his bint in New York protesting the arrest of the imam responsible for the first WTC attack in 1991.

Anyway, that report was on last night’s news. There was a follow up report on tonight’s news that’s also interesting. I’ll post the URL when they put it up.

Reply to  Gary Rumain

As promised, here’s the latest report –