Translator of “Reform Koran” Shows up! LIES Right off the bat!

Brooke Goldstein, the human rights lawyer who obviously knows little to nothing about Islam….

Muslims have a duty to reform Islam from Islamism which is the dominant sect.

must have run for help in a desperate attempt to give her argument an once of credibilty. The move backfired! As Edip Yuksel, the translator of the “Reform Koran” showed up and kicked it off with an attitude and a lie.

Edip Yuksel

I am the translator of the Quran in two languages.

The author of this article has either wrote this article while waiting in line for a hamburger in a MacDonald’s store, or he deliberately took verses out of their context or misrepresented them.

I challenge Logan regarding ALL his claims and distortions against the Quran.

For instance, he quotes a verse where the word SLAVE is mentioned, and HIGHLIGHTS the word, but ignores the few words before than encourages muslims to FREE the slaves.

I am not even sure whether this response will stay here or not, but if the author is honest regarding the truth of the matter I would like to meet him face to face to discuss all his criticism against the Quran.

I will be ready to fly where he lives or if he chooses to come where I live, I will gladly pay for his expenses.

Peace,
Edip Yuksel

Obviously he is another deceitful Muslim who cannot be trusted. Nor would he answer the simple question of how many Mosques in America are actually using his “Reform Koran”. The site meter of his web page says a lot. The smack down of his claim about Muslims not being allowed to own slaves, and the stats from his site meter can be seen in HERE.

The bottom line is that the “reform” Islam campaign is on the fast track to nowhere. Islam need to be dealt with head on, and shown as much respect as Nazism deserves. That is none. As for Brooke, she need to grow up and admit that she is wrong and is misleading America. I doubt she will though.

Comments

comments

0 0 votes
Article Rating
51 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
Chris LA
Chris LA
10 years ago

One of Edip’s signature mistranslations is where he distorts the command in Surah 47:4 which says “strike the necks” of the unbelievers is translated by Yuksel as “strike the control center.” He rationalizes that “unuq” refers to the control center of the enemy force not the physical neck.

Yuksel also claims in his explanation of Surah 9:36 that the reason the Muslim year is 11 days out of sync with the solar year is that the earth has decelerated.

A comprehensive review of flawed attempts to reform the Quran (including that of Edip Yuksel) can be found at:

Pulp Ark
jogool
jogool
10 years ago

islam clearly prohibited slavery, if the accuracy of history depend on the how old the things happen then USA free the slave only few years ago(are they not christian at that time?), if arab sistem are the examples of islam then they are all in paradox with the koran teaching.
If the zionist are the example for what taught by moses then they are all throwing stone to moses haha.

Tonto
Tonto
Reply to  jogool

Who are you kidding? Islam is involved in several areas of the world even today….the perpetrators think it is their right as muslims. Chechens, Somalians, Albanians, Saudis, Yemenis…are all in slavery. Even in Bahrain and Dubai there is rampant slavery. Peddle your BS someplace where people are stupid enough to believe it…..try California….those idiots will believe anything.

Edip Yuksel
10 years ago

I have already discussed this and similar issues with Robert Spencer, Ali Sina, Bill Warner extensively and published the debate in a book, titled Peacemaker’s Guide to Warmongers. I have published all their argument and counter-arguments to the dot so that people could read and judge for themselves.

Besides, you will find plenty evidence and arguments in the very Reformist Translation, refuting your claims.

You are not doing much different. You are not honest in your criticism of the Quran.

As I told you: I will no more write the same thing for a copycat of Robert Spencer and Ali Sina.

However, for a change, I will be willing to meet you anywhere (except in hell or Las Vegas, or a pig farm:), debate this issue face-to-face. I will pay for my trip and for a professional camera crew so that our debate is recorded.

If you are honest you should jump on this challenge, since you will be able to incriminate me, expose my lies, etc. for millions of people who would prefer to watch a good debate rather than read volumes of literature that employs all sorts of tricks to hide the facts, distort the facts.

There is a great power in Socratic method. It is immediate, precise, concise and laser sharp. It will take me or you to expose a lie or contradiction in minutes and with all its visual drama.

I have also a bonus, an incentive for you. You may invite two more helpers. If Robert Spencer and Ali Sina accepts, that would be fantastic.

So, this will perhaps be my last challenge and invitation and I expect a response by the end of this week via email or twitter.

Warmongers are ultimate losers, and I hope you decide to become a peacemaker. “Accept the truth so that the truth shall set you free!”

Peace,

Edip Yuksel

Edip Yuksel
Reply to  admin

I was not going to respond any of your demagoguery, but after reading the first paragraph, I wanted to respond just one of the many falsehood in your response.

“1. Anyone can write a book, and from the results I saw on Mr. Spencer’s site your book was a dud. All the title implies is that you want us to back off on Islam. ”

If you look at my book, which I can send you in PDF for free, you will see the difference in honesty and consistency.

Ali Sina, chopped and censored my response, and interspersed it between his distortions.

But, I did not delete or change single word in Ali Sina’s response. This difference alone speaks volume for those who are interested to learn the truth of this matter.

By hysterically attacking my work and person in your controlled environment (your page and twitter) and escaping from an equal chance to discuss this issue face-to-face, you have demonstrated that:

1. You know how baseless your attacks against the Quran are.

2. You know that you will be exposed with all your distortions, lies and warmongering.

This is your record that will haunt you for long time.

Peace,
Edip

Jamila
Jamila
Reply to  Edip Yuksel

Jazak Allah Khairen Brother for all your work

Chief_Cabioch
Reply to  Edip Yuksel

no one will reform islam, or muslims, they are inseperable, they live and breathe hatered, hate for all who refuse to follow it’s doctrine, the doctrine of killing those who refuse to accept allah, and those who see islam and muslims for who they are

Susan
Susan
Reply to  Edip Yuksel

To we who have studied islam for many years, your use of TAQIYYA is immediately obvious.

Taqiyya is lying, talking in circles, playing the victim, false claims of torture, demanding evidence, blaming others for evil acts, saying Islam forbids that, carrying signs that say “Peace”, saying the meaning was lost in translation from Arabic or TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT and claiming Islam was hijacked. Taqiyya is used to fend off criticism of Islam or Muslims.

Saying, “…or he deliberately took verses out of their context or misrepresented them”, is clearly Taqiyya – lying in the hope of lulling us into a false sense of security about islam.

If you are trying to present a sanitized version of the unholy koran to the world, you’re wasting your time. We all have copies of the real thing. Besides, what the koran says isn’t as important as how muslims BEHAVE. Have you never heard the expression, “Actions speak louder than words”?

We know that Mohammed was a liar, looter, slave trader, rapist, mass murderer and pedophile. These facts are documented! And we know the goal of muslims is to be just like Mohammed in every way. That’s why there are 60 million child brides in the world and most are in islamic countries. (ICRW)

Western countries are civilized. Islam is the antithesis of life in Western countries. Why not go live in an islamic shit pit if you think islam is the way to live?

I’m in Canada. We will NEVER ALLOW ISLAM to get a foothold here. My Prime Minister recently stated that the biggest threat to Humankind is islam. Unfortunately, the USA has a muslim President. But that can change quickly – even if he wins the next election.

And regarding slavery, just for your information since it isn’t mentioned here, Arabic muslims started the practice of capturing and trading people.

All of the black slaves in the USA were purchased from Arabs. The USA freed them and they are now equal participants in society.

Muslims still keep slaves today and treat them savagely:

Try again, pal. Your lies won’t work here.

Tommy Hunt
Reply to  Susan

Great comments Susan and as both a Canadian and an American citizen it’s good to hear such strong opposition to Islam coming out of Canada. Keep up the important work!

Chief_Cabioch
10 years ago

lying is what muslims do…..

Chief_Cabioch
10 years ago

Edip, why not try and explain the taqyyia ?, it’s purpose, and your spin on it’s NEW and Improved meanings,..?

Dajjal
10 years ago

One man knew the meaning of the Koran, and lived it. His sunna shows us exactly what it meant to him. “Right hands possess” is frequently used in the Koran. it is a reference to slaves.

Open the Koran to 33:26 and read.”A group you captured”; Tafsir Ibn Kathir reveals that Moe enslaved the surviving women and children.

Open Reliance of the Traveller to Book O 9.13 and read. Captured women and children are enslaved by default.

Open Hedaya, Volume 1 to the book of divorce: read which slaves a Muslim can screw with impunity. That is Islamic law, so kiss my foot, Muslim.

What is the expiation for sins required in Shari’ah? How do you manumit a believing slave if slavery has been abolished?

Nick van Riel
10 years ago

“In fact, according to the Quran a muslim can never have a slave, since claiming to be the lord of slave is the biggest crime, since it is akin to claiming to be the god of another human being.”

Take off your blinkers Yüksel and read this article on my website.

Malik T.
Malik T.
10 years ago

What a mockery you talk about islamic slavery and the americans were the first slaves trfficers in history by enslaving 20 milliones african negros… What a hypocrisy!!!!!

Gary Rumain
Reply to  Malik T.

LOL! Really? They were the first? Mahound was taking slaves 12 centuries before. And it was you filthy koranimals who were enslaving the Africans and selling them to the Americans.

Robin Shadowes
Reply to  Gary Rumain

Not to mention that the koranimals are still into slavery to this very day.

Reply to  Malik T.

Muslim slavery began–
Trans-Sahara, Trans Indian Ocean 800 AD!
Muslims took more slaves and castrated them as a matter of course if they were to go to Arab lands.
There never was an abolitionist movement in the Muslim slave trade.
River War, 1892-1898– Muslims were fighting to maintain their slave trade.

Reply to  Malik T.

The buying and selling of human beings is no crime in Islam.

Jamal
Jamal
10 years ago

I am proud to be the slave of my Lord Allah The All Mighty my Great Creator …slavery to God is the peak of freedom but your narrow mind will not understand it..if you condemn all slavery why you dont write some lines about the history of the american slavery in the last 400 years snatching 30 milliones poor africans from the armes of their mothers subjecting them to a horrible slavery in America.

Omar Ramzi
Omar Ramzi
9 years ago
Reply to  admin

Why dont you man up and debate him face to face? Stop hiding behind your computer screen and face him if you dare. I would love to watch him destroy you!

Michael C
Michael C
9 years ago
Reply to  Omar Ramzi

Who was it who snatched the slaves from their villages and sold them at the ports to the European traders ? Muslim arab slave-traders.

Slavery is criminal in Europe. It has never been abolished by Islam, and continues in Mali, Mauritania, Saudi Arabia, and so on.

By their fruits shall they be known

Robin Shadowes
Reply to  Jamal

The whole thing about freedom is slavery rings a bell of Orwell. But I’m sure you arselifters haven’t bothered to read 1984. All you arselifters read is the koranus, Mein Kampf and Hustler.

Nick van Riel
Reply to  Jamal

You with your poisoned and brainwashed Muslim mind try to twist history to your advantage again as usual.

Simply overlooking the fact that most of the „30 millions poor Africans“ were Africans enslaved by the Arabs, ready for sale to the westerners.

And with pointing to the 400 years of slavery in America, you simply „forget“ that the Arabs (Muslims) enslaved far more than the „30 million poor Africans“ in the 800 years before they started selling them to the West.

Arabs still keep and sell (black)slaves even when they’re Muslims, because in their eyes, the black Muslims are only second class Muslims.

Reply to  Jamal

Quote:
I am proud to be the slave of my Lord Allah
end

I grant you that.
And I’d never question your devotion for a minute.
But I do have to say this. As you are Allah’s slave, I am God’s child.
I believe that you are also God’s child also, and your refusal to accept this reality may be your condemnation.
Either way, I’d never give up being God’s child to become Allah’s slave. I know that it really is a step down not toward humility, but toward the lust for conquest and arrogance.
Religion is full of paradox– Islam and Christianity especially so.

Reply to  Jamal

6% of the entire slave population went to North America.
Most went to the Caribbean and Brazil, where the great majority were worked to death.
Only in North America were slaves able to reproduce and replace themselves, only here did they live.
You can’t force life.
Life must find conditions that are compatible to it.
Your invocation of guilt will not make us see your righteousness. It only shows me your defensiveness about your own past.

jaeger
jaeger
10 years ago

I must admire L W how he can spot a liar and deceiver such as Jamal who posts under Malik.T and and and and different names with his forked tongue thus proving taqyyia without a shadow of a doubt.

LOL
LOL
10 years ago

“Obviously he is another deceitful Muslim who cannot be trusted” HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I laughed SO hard when I read this: you are a fucking idiot. I feel like I just got 100x stupider by reading all of your propaganda articles and comments LOL
And in response to those slavery comments above: “[Muslims were] enslaving the Africans and selling them to the Americans”
Oh, so you Christians were buying the slaves then right? Awkward, your argument just collapsed in on itself hahahah! Even in the ten commandments, it refers to the keeping of slaves!
Also, I can’t understand why you are accusing the other commentators of being “moral cowards” when you have no morals yourself: just look at how you talk about your fellow humans! Maybe, just maybe, one day we will all get rid of all organized religions so we can finally live in peace and find God in ourselves and realize that when you hurt these people who are different than yourself, you are hurting a piece of God that lives in all of us.

9 years ago
Reply to  LOL

Atlantic slave trade, 1300-1888.
Muslim trans Saharan & Indian Ocean slave trade: 800-the present.
Islam never had Harriet Tubman, Harriet Beecher Stowe, William Wilberforce or William Lloyd Garrison.
620,000 Americans died to free 4 million slaves.
No Muslim has ever died to free even one slave!
Not one!
Go to hell.

9 years ago
Reply to  LOL

Quote:
end

Speak for your own corrupt religion and culture.
Every day, Christians are persecuted for their Christianity by . . . MUSLIMS!
Your hypocrisy is far uglier and of longer standing than anything in the West.

Christian
Christian
10 years ago

Comment deleted for you thinking you are slick by posting under two names under the same IP address.

G Sinclair
10 years ago

I don’t find direct forbid for slavery in hadiths and Quran. But I do read many times that Muhammad and his followers freed slaves back then. Muhammad himself got married with an ex-slave.

jaeger
10 years ago

LOL,which 10 Commandment are you reading?

9 years ago

Quote:
end

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife.
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s goods.
Period.
The ultimate possession a person has is himself. He has no power to give himself away as a slave, nor has he the power to enslave anyone else.
These are Western ideas.
Another Western idea is that you cannot be made to keep a contract or covenant that has been made under duress.
That means that if you force a person to submit to Islam, either through force or deception, that person is not bound to remain in the Ummah. He may apostasize without fear of any reprisal from any authorities here in the West because we truly believe in the sanctity of the soul.