Germany’s Interior Minister Takes on Islam on First day on job!

Just minutes ago I posted about France’s Nicolas Sarkozy bringing the threat of Islam to a national debate. Now we see Germany’s Interior Minister Hans-Peter Friedrich wasting no time and jumping into the fray! He is not the first German authority figure to jump into this fight. Some recent examples of this are, Chancellor Angela Merkel stating that Muslims cannot live by Shariah Law if they want to live there, German authorities applying anti-Nazi laws against two non-violent pro-Shariah Islamic organizations, a German court telling a Muslim he cannot pray in school, and the Pro NRW political party receiving the funding to open up an anti-Islamic headquarters. The tide is turning…

Germany’s new interior minister draws fire

BERLIN, March 4 (UPI) — Germany’s freshly appointed Interior Minister Hans-Peter Friedrich has sparked controversy on the first day of his new job when talking about the role of Islam in German society.

Friedrich, who succeeds Thomas de Maiziere, now defense minister, at a news conference in Berlin said there was no proof in history “that Islam is part of Germany.”

De Maiziere and his predecessor Wolfgang Schaeuble had tried to launch a debate with Germany’s Muslim community to improve integration efforts.

Friedrich said he would take integration of Germany’s estimated 4 million Muslims “very seriously,” adding that he would continue the dialog with the Muslim community, the so-called Islam Conference.

His statements, which weren’t exactly tactful, were a repetition of his critique of a speech delivered by German President Christian Wulff, who said in October that Islam is a part of German society. Both politicians are members of German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s conservatives.

On the first day of his new job, Friedrich was criticized for what the opposition and Muslim groups said were inflammatory remarks.

Of course, any mention of the threat of Islam is “inflammatory”. Flame on!

Link to Article

Comments

comments

18 comments for “Germany’s Interior Minister Takes on Islam on First day on job!

1. Damien
    March 4, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Admin,

Excellent! I hope some good comes of this.

2. Tonto
    March 4, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Islam has NEVER been an important part of Europe or the western hemisphere…and the idiots insist that it was. Perhaps briefly, until the residents kicked their sorry asses out! Seems to me that like action is necessary again! I’d really like to see them kicked out of everywhere they don’t belong(anywhere outside the ME) and would love to participate in such an activity.

• March 5, 2011 at 4:50 am

Hear, hear, Tonto.
      I feel EXACTLY the same. Did you hear the speech Obama made in Cairo? If you didn’t, I am certain it is available on the internet. When I heard him sucking up to them and waxing poetic about all the numerous ‘contributions’ islam has made to western civilisation and America in particular I nearly died.
      WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT?
      The only ‘contributions’ I am aware of are death, destruction, jihad and ‘allahu ahkbar’.
      I say deport the whole lot of them. They will never do anything other than cause trouble, demand that we reorder our societies to suit THEM, and commit genocide by population replacement.

THEY HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING IN OUR COUNTRIES. I SUPPORT THE MASS DEPORTATION OF ALL MUSLIMS.

Chris, I really do hope the tide is turning.

• CB
        March 5, 2011 at 6:14 pm

Hear, Hear! Right on!
        I do hope the West is really waking up at last to the dangers of Islam!

• emmi
        June 15, 2012 at 6:13 am

Julietsm I agree with you, deportation is the only cure for the vast increase in their families which will eventually swamp the indigenous population.

3. eib
    March 4, 2011 at 7:55 pm

The entire content of Western Civilization did not rest in Islam.
    If anything, Muslims had Western classical works and made it a point to disrespect and disregard them.
    Islam viewed the Renaissance with horror because it was the beginning of individualism.
    And individualism is the end of Islam.

• Tonto
      March 6, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Well said!

4. infidelkaffir
    March 5, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Well Islam did have a couple of Gestapo SS Divisions who participated in the Holocaust so you could say they are part of German History……!!!

• CB
      March 5, 2011 at 6:18 pm

Yes, you`re right!
      I`ve read and seen actual videos on YouTube of their collaboration with Hitler and the Nazis in WW11!
      The Mufti of Jerusalem was massively involved, even advising Hitler on how to murder the Jews!
      Shocking!

5. filthy kafur
    March 6, 2011 at 7:00 am

heres the videos of muslim nazis

Just look into the videos section

6. filthy kafur
    March 6, 2011 at 7:01 am

OOPS !! Bad spelling !

It should have been http://www.tellthechildrenthetruth.com

7. March 6, 2011 at 10:40 am

I think the essential question is how to assure that the values and culture of the Western countries are protected and defended even if other cultures penetrate the Western world.

• eib
      March 6, 2011 at 12:11 pm

And it must supercede EVERYTHING!
      Because the corpus of Western Civilization is so large, involving movements over thousands of years and perhaps tens of thousands of texts, we can only keep bits of it in our heads.
      But it’s important that you start to cultivate an understanding of it– read things like A History of the Modern World, and histories of the West specifically.
      Only after a person has a firm understanding of Western history should he be allowed to study world or global history.

8. Tonto
    March 6, 2011 at 12:40 pm

What really gets me, and would be amusing if it wasn’t so serious, is the thinking that any western person would trade all the advantages of western civilization to be a slave in islam. Oh yeah, there will be some of that because we have some really pitiful underachievers that will be attracted to islam, but for the most part…..”are you kidding?”

• eib
      March 6, 2011 at 2:45 pm

I think a person’s relationship to reason and individualism are key in determining whether or not they would submit to Islam.
      A person who depends on reason to any significant degree, and is conscious of the fact, would have a hard time with Islam.
      An individual who learns over time, who changes his or her opinions over time, would have a hard time with Islam, because Islam includes the assumption that the human being cannot change. Ideas do not lose their authority in Islam.
      For instance, I used to subscribe to the idea of multiculturalism. Now I don’t. I don’t think that it is a valid plan or scheme of society.
      I define multiculturalism as being the same as pluralism– a condition on the ground.
      I do not believe that all cultures are basically the same, nor do I believe that all religions are basically the same.
      They may contain somilar ideas, but similarity is not sameness, nor is it equality.
      At one time, I was completely indifferent about Islam. As I became better informed about it, and about the basis of its authority over Islamic communities and families, I was repulsed by it.
      I also realize that it is antithetical to reason and Western Civilization. In these paragraphs, I have critiqued Islam.
      But I do not confound ideas with people. Like all criminal activity, only a small minority of people are involved in terrorism. But Muslims are the majority of culprits in terrorist acts. That means a minority of Muslims are interpreting their religion as violent and acting on the violence they see. Are they right to see violence in their faith?
      We have read their scriptures.
      And yes, it is easy to see Islam as violent and intolerant on the basis of them and its history. These are reasoned positions. They are not hateful, because we acknowledge that most Muslims are not, in fact, involved in criminal activity.

• eib
        March 9, 2011 at 5:14 pm

To go further.
        In Islam equality = sameness.
        Carol Tavris has argued that there is another perception of equality, that of
        equality = acceptance.
        That means that Islam would be saddled with the task of accepting other cultures and faiths instead of destroying them.
        It’s a good idea.
        I would dare any Muslim to think about equality in these varying terms.
        The first destroys diversity.
        The second preserves it.

9. March 7, 2011 at 7:17 pm

Just as SOON as we rid ourselves of OUR muslim President, and elect someone who was Truly Vetted for the Job as US President and has a Legitimate Long Form Birth Certificate this Nonsense will STOP…….