Oklahoma: Hearing on Sharia Law ban set for Monday

Here we go guys, the show is about to start! Will pro-Sharia Muslims actually hurt their cause and show the country just how unconstitutional Islam is? I am hoping this lawsuit will further awaken America to the internal threat of Islam.

Hearing set on international, Islamic law ban
November 8, 2010 5:05 AM ET

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) – A federal judge has scheduled a hearing on a temporary restraining order to block a measure to prohibit state courts from considering international law or Islamic law when deciding cases.

U.S. District Judge Vicki Miles-LaGrange will convene the hearing on Monday in connection with a lawsuit filed by Oklahoma Muslim Muneer Awad.

The lawsuit, filed on Thursday, seeks a temporary retraining order and injunction to block election results for the constitutional amendment from being certified by the state Election Board on Tuesday. The measure passed with 70% of the vote in last week’s general election.

Among other things, the lawsuit alleges the ballot measure transforms Oklahoma’s Constitution into “an enduring condemnation” of Islam by singling it out for special restrictions.

Link to Article

I don’t have an email address yet, but the other contact information for Judge Vicki Miles-LaGrange can be found HERE. When I get an email address, I will be sending her information on this very important issue.

Comments

comments

20 comments for “Oklahoma: Hearing on Sharia Law ban set for Monday

1. November 8, 2010 at 4:22 am

This is going to be very interesting.

• November 8, 2010 at 4:26 am

Time to take cair of business.

November 8, 2010 at 4:27 am

Yes it is my friend. The article is not so specific though. Do they mean today, or next Monday? I called the court, but there is nobody there yet.

• November 8, 2010 at 6:30 am

I mean the court proceedings. Would be interesting to find out more about the judge. But I hope CAIR make fools of themselves.

• linda
      November 12, 2010 at 4:03 am

Hello wanted to comment my cousin in England has just posted on facebook what happened in England that Muslim protestors burned a banner saying British Soldiers die and they burned a poppy which represents our fallen dead how dare they …

2. Tonto
    November 8, 2010 at 5:47 am

Yes, this will be very interesting, not just to see what the muz arguments will be, but to see how willing the ultra appeasing liberal judges are to “suck up” to islamic demands to appease their “peaceful” religion/theocracy. And then, let’s see how long the judge remains a judge. The times they are achanging in this country. People are tired of appeasement for appeasement sake and acquiescing to idiotic demands of minorities….for whatever reason.

• November 8, 2010 at 6:31 am

Yes, look how well that’s worked in Europe.

• Darrell
      November 8, 2010 at 7:09 am

Liberal judges never seem to last long in Oklahoma. Yep it is time for a good airing of dirty laundry lets see if they let it happen or if the muzzies will withdraw take the hit and hope for a better result in another state.

3. Darrell
    November 8, 2010 at 7:06 am

gee anyone wonder why we banned sharia law?

This should be good folks. It is time to drag pislam kicking and screaming into the light. Thats right muslims it is time for recognition time for your religon to be viewed under a microscope,time for every flaw every mistake to be shown on record to the courts.

oh and BTW you can thank CAIR for this little bit of fun.

November 8, 2010 at 7:19 am

Hey Darrel,
      Was that you commenting on that OK online paper, with that Henry guy who claims he is not a Muslim, but defends Islam all day?

• Darrell
        November 8, 2010 at 8:25 am

Nope not me but it is nice to know I am not alone in being considered a jackass by muslims everywhere.

4. November 8, 2010 at 10:52 am

I hate to be a wet blanket, but I have my doubts that more Americans will wake up over this attempt — unless the attempt gets substantial publicity.

Are the mainstream media covering this at all? A notice in the AP would go unnoticed by a lot of people.

5. UbibBUSHwhacked
    November 8, 2010 at 11:12 am
  6. UbibBUSHwhacked
    November 8, 2010 at 11:14 am

Chris, can you share with us what info you share with her please.