Islam 101: What Islam REALLY Says About Jesus and His Return…

By Christopher Logan

I frequently have conversations with Islamic apologists who say that their Muslim “friends” have the utmost respect for Jesus. Well, perhaps they do, but it is not in the same vein as Christians’ respect for their Saviour! From the viewpoint of Muslims, Jesus is returning as a Muslim, and he will break the cross (destroy Christianity) and be a slave to Islam. Muslims believe that Jesus will also abolish the jizya, which will leave Jews and Christians with only two options: convert to Islam or die!

Koran verse 9:29 calls for the extortion of Jew and Christians. (Jizya)

009.029
YUSUFALI:

Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

The following is what the Islamic scriptures (the ahadith) say about the return of Jesus.

Muslims believe that Jesus will come back to fight for Islam, not Christianity!

Book 37, Number 4310:
Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: There is no prophet between me and him, that is, Jesus (peace_be_upon_him). He will descent (to the earth). When you see him, recognise him: a man of medium height, reddish fair, wearing two light yellow garments, looking as if drops were falling down from his head though it will not be wet. He will fight the people for the cause of Islam. He will break the cross, kill swine, and abolish jizyah. Allah will perish all religions except Islam. He will destroy the Antichrist and will live on the earth for forty years and then he will die. The Muslims will pray over him.

Volume 4, Book 55, Number 657:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah’s Apostle said, “By Him in Whose Hands my soul is, surely (Jesus,) the son of Mary will soon descend amongst you and will judge mankind justly (as a Just Ruler); he will break the Cross and kill the pigs and there will be no Jizya (i.e. taxation taken from non Muslims). Money will be in abundance so that nobody will accept it, and a single prostration to Allah (in prayer) will be better than the whole world and whatever is in it.” Abu Huraira added “If you wish, you can recite (this verse of the Holy Book): — ‘And there is none Of the people of the Scriptures (Jews and Christians) But must believe in him (i.e Jesus as an Apostle of Allah and a human being) Before his death. And on the Day of Judgment He will be a witness Against them.” (4.159) (See Fateh Al Bari, Page 302 Vol 7)

So, according to the Muslim belief, when Judgment Day arrives, Jesus will judge the people by the words of the Koran and not of the Holy Bible.

Volume 4, Book 55, Number 658:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah’s Apostle said “How will you be when the son of Mary (i.e. Jesus) descends amongst you and he will judge people by the Law of the Quran and not by the law of Gospel (Fateh-ul Bari page 304 and 305 Vol 7)

PLEASE do not be fooled when Muslims says that they respect Jesus! They are manipulating you with semantics…

416 comments for “Islam 101: What Islam REALLY Says About Jesus and His Return…

1. admin
    September 25, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Tamara,

You can capitalize the word “God” all you want

2. October 15, 2013 at 3:24 am

カシオ プリヴィア

• emmi
      October 30, 2013 at 3:28 am

Someone please translate as I am interested.

3. October 29, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Hi there to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is getting more from this site, and your views are
    nice for new visitors.

Also visit my homepage; look at this site (Phil)

• emmi
      October 30, 2013 at 3:30 am

Phil I would visit your homepage if you would give a link.

4. November 14, 2013 at 3:44 am

prophet jesus (p.b.u.h ) would come back and destroy d antichrist…..islam is d universal religion..ALLAHUAKBAR…

November 14, 2013 at 4:39 pm

So you really believe Jesus wants to destroy Christianity as the hadith states?

• AbdurRahman
        January 4, 2014 at 12:49 am

Jesus believes in the oneness of God. JESUS IS NOT GOD. JESUS IS NOT THE SON OF GOD. THE TRINITY IS FALSE. THERE IS NO GOD BUT ONE GOD. ALLAH MEANS GOD IN ARABIC – ALLAH IS NOT A CERTAIN GOD, ALLAH IS THE GOD.

Jesus talks about the kingdom of heaven; the fulfillment of the Mosaic laws: Mathew 5:17-20 reads: “Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.”

These are Jesus’ words, from his lips. But what did Christians say? What do they believe? Do they talk about the fulfillment of these laws? They better be because if they don’t, according to Jesus, “they shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven”.

Jesus teaches the unity of Allah; the oneness of God. In the 12th chapter of Mark, it was reported that a man came to Jesus and asked him: “which is the first of ll commandments”? and Jesus answered: “The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord.” Yet, most christians says Jesus is God. It’s an amazing situation. Jesus says: The Lord our God is one Lord; Christians says: no, it is the trinity in the god-head. Contradicting the messege of Jesus. Nowhere from the lips of Jesus, did he utter trinity! And that is the core problem of the churches: they preach what Jesus never preached. Infact, Christianity went on deifying Jesus. They say Jesus walked down the Palestine as a divine being. The question here is, did he says he is God? Did he claim to be God? Did he says am god worship me? There is not in any version of the bible where explicitly Jesus says listen everybody: I am god! He never make such claims. Infact, he rebukes such claims. In Mark, 10 and Luke 18, when a certain ruler asked him, what to do to inherit the eternal life, Jesus says to him: “Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God. He didn’t even want to be called good much less god. But did the christians follow this insruction? Not at all! Infact, they called him god. I wonder if jesus was present today how he is gonna react to this blasphemy. Propably too tense.

As a Prophet and a messenger of Allah, Jesus explicitly declares in the 8th chapter of john: “I have not come on my own; but he (God) sent me.” He says further, “my father is greather than I.” Jesus’ mission was to convey the message given to him by his Lord. He was no more than a messenger. He says: I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

The teaching of Jesus is not something new; it’s a kind of transition from the earlier teachings beginning with Abraham. If we take prayer for example, how the previous prophets pray to God, we will witness a clear consistency in their message. The bible tells us: quote: “And Abraham fell on his face and pray” genesis 17:3, and moses and Aron fell on their faces and prayed (numbers 20:6) and jesus fell on his face and prayed mathew 26:38). And that is excatly how Muhammad SAW prayed and the whole muslim world prays like that. The christians don’t pray like that though. They have their own kind of worship. Who is really tryin to imitate jesus? Christians or muslims?

And that is the main problem of christianity: its not a religion of jesus; it’s the religion consructed about jesus. The message of jesus is islamic in every sense: believing in one God, he never mention the mystery of trinity; that he’s a preacher, teacher, messenger and no more; that salvation rests by keeping the commandments; and son.

Infact even his diet isnt christian, jesus’ diet is islamic as he didn’t eat pig he kills over 2000 pigs says the bible. For we believe that jesus was a muslim; and his message is islam. Little wonder that on his second coming he is going to rejects the christians for they misunderstood him and his message. The bible tell us in the 7th chapter of mathew: Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Jesus is going to rebuke the christians, and this is in consequence of the diversion in christianity from the real message. Its like a dialectic between the 2billion christians and jesus. Christians are more concerned with the one who did the preaching than what he preached. It’s a kind of shift from the message to the messenger. And when this kind of shift happens, problems and misunderstanding emerged. If the emphases is in the preacher, racial pride and nationalism come into play. You cant value the message if you’re too obsessed from where it comes from. Jesus pray to God; christians pray to jesus. Christianity is a religion of paul constructed against jesus.

Jesus was a Muslim and his religion was Islam in every sense.

January 4, 2014 at 3:59 pm

If his religion was Islam, there would be no Christianity. Islam calls for the dominance over Christians, obviously Jesus would not agree with that. You also left out that under Islam Jesus is supposed to come back as a Muslim and destroy Christianity. I am pretty sure Christians would want to know that.

• Felipe
          January 13, 2014 at 4:53 pm

Jesus claimed that the prophesy of the Old Testament about the coming of the Messiah had happened and that He was the Messiah and sent by God. God would not send Jesus nor have his earlier prophets say that he was coming if it weren’t true. So Jesus is the Truth. He is the Word of God. And this all happened because of faithfulness to the Holy Spirit. Thus, the Holy Trinity.

Now if only Christians would behave like Christmas. Thanks to the new Pope we have a good role model.

• Diane Crouse
          March 2, 2014 at 12:06 am

I would like to point out that Islam did not exist at the time of Jesus. Your Muhammed was not even born until at least over 500 years after Jesus was here. God was not called Allah by Israel or the Jewish tribes ever. Are you trying to say that the house of Jacob the tribes of Israel are tribes that follow Muhammed now? I think not. Israel does not, the Jews do not call God Allah. Moses was given the law on Mount Sinai not Muhammed, he was not in existence and has nothing to do with the times and the scriptures of the old testament. In fact Muhammed is not in the New scriptures about Jesus in the New testament either. Jesus absolutely was not a Muslim, He was of the tribe if Levi and of Judah of the tribes if Jacob (Israel) and that is historical fact and recorded. Jesus is the Lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world. Jesus is the way the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father but by Him. Now I will present some scriptures that Jesus said. Jesus talking to His disciples: John 6:28 Then they said unto him, what shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them. This is the work of God that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. 6:30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then that we may see, and believe thee? What dost thou work? 6:31 Our fathers did eat man’-na in the desert as it is written. He gave them bread from heaven to eat. (Jacobs tribes, Israel) 6:32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, Verily, I say unto to you, Moses gave you not bread from heaven: but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. 6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven and giveth life unto the world. 6:34 Then they said unto him, Lord evermore give us this bread. 6:35 And Jesus unto them, I am the bread of life; he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. 6:36 But I said unto ye, That ye also have seen me and believe not. 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him that sent me. 6:39 And this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me; I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 6:40 And this is this will of him who sent me, that every one which seeth the Son;and believeth on him, may have everlasting life; and I will him up in the last day. 6:41 The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread that came down from heaven. 6:42 And they said, is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven? 6:43 Jesus, therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves. 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me, draw him, and I will raise him up at the last day. 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father. 6:47 Verily, Verily I say unto you. He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 6:48 I am that bread of life. 6:49 Your Fathers did eat Man’-na in the wilderness, and they are dead. 6:50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof and not die. 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from from heaven; If any man eat from this bread, he shall live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of this world. 6:52 Then the Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying. How can this man give us his flesh to eat? ( Are you like that?) 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them. Verily, Verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 6:54 Whoever eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dweleth in me and I in him. 6:57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father, so he eateth me, even he shall live by me. 6:58 This is the bread qhich came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat man’-na, and are dead; he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

I will stop there because I believe Jesus make it quite clear that he is the Son of the living God his Father in heaven and that no one can come to that Father but by and through him the bread of life. He was not a Muslim, he was a Jew, an Israelite from the tribe of Judah and Levi by birth. Muslims did not exist yet. He was talking to Jews and he was teaching any who would listen to him and who he was. I could go on and on about what Jesus said about who he is, it is all over the four gospels. Also in the old Testament there are prophecies that God would send a savior, that would be the lamb of God to take away the sins of the world. It would do you well to read John 3 the whole chapter. You have picked out certain scriptures that you can manipulate out of context. Just the mere fact that you try to make Jesus the Christ our LORD and savior born of the virgin Mary, a Jewish young woman, her son Jesus who was crucified, he died and was buried, he rose again on the third day. To try and call him a Muslim is beyond belief, and is in fact a lie. As I pointed out several times here that Muhammed did not exist at the time of Christ Jesus, he was born hundreds of years later and he denied that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God. By the way, Christians pray to our Father who is in heaven through our LORD and savior Jesus Christ as He Himself taught us to pray. Sometimes standing and sometimes on our knees or flat on our faces. We do not face a certain direction because we do not worship where Jesus was born or where he ascended to heaven from but we do worship His Father who sent Him. So we pray to the Father in the mighty name of Jesus. We eat of His flesh and blood that he sacrificed for our sake and our salvation, He is the bread of life.

• Diane Crouse
            March 2, 2014 at 1:42 am

I must add this Muhammad was addressed by Jesus and the new testament Apostles and believers in so much as Jesus warned them and us by His teaching to them that there would come false prophets that would deceive many. They would come and teach that Jesus Christ was not the Son of God and that He did not die and raise from the dead. He told us that this is the spirit of the anti-Christ. Muhammad is a perfect example of this spirit of the anti-Christ in his teachings. He denies that Jesus is the Son of God and that He rose from the dead. Muhammad is a false teacher and a false prophet. I also will state because I believe this that the 12th Imam, the Muslim messiah will be an anti-Christ, if not the anti-Christ spoken of in the Revelation and in Danial the prophet and all end time prophecies.

March 2, 2014 at 12:26 pm

Hi Diane!

I sure wish a lot more Christians had your passion on this issue. It is refreshing, thanks for the comments!

November 14, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Why do you like being a Muslim? Are you a sick pervert like Mohammad was?

• AbdurRahman
        January 4, 2014 at 12:51 am

Mark my words and you will look upon what you have just said about Muhammad with shame as you stand before Allah. You will regret saying that.

January 4, 2014 at 3:59 pm

He was a vile human being, just like Hitler. YOUR hero.

January 4, 2014 at 3:59 pm

Frightening.

• Diane Crouse
          March 2, 2014 at 12:35 am

No Sir. you will regret not knowing Jesus the Christ as your savior when Jesus Christ returns. He is coming as King of kings and LORD of lords. Even Muhammad will stand in judgment before Him. Muhammad can not save your soul and he can not save you from you sins now. Only the precious blood of Jesus can save us from our sins.

• s
          March 4, 2014 at 2:46 pm

the only shame is on Muhammad for causing so much death and hate in the world, thats when he was not having sex with little girls or murdering people , not the kind of person I would want to follow

5. November 14, 2013 at 3:50 am

who eva worships angels nd prophets…like jesus christ who was not more than a prophet…..at present christians they werent following the true message of prophet jesus christ..(p.b.u.h )…prophet jesus christ (p.b.u.h ) he neva claimed that he’s god incarnate or son of god…moreva u christian ppl wer following d old ancient traditions like paganism..christianity nd hinduism wer same…there’s no big difference in that..they take krishna as god incarnate nd u ppl take prophet jesus as god incarnate…it’s a big sin…prophet jesus was just a messanger of ALLAH ( S.W.T )..he’s mission was to ” THE LOST SHEEP TO D CHILDREN OF ISRAEL “…

• Michael C
      November 14, 2013 at 6:51 am

Hear the Prophet of Islam himself:
      “The strongholds of Islam will be knocked down, one after the other, and then there will come many deceiving guides.” (1)
      “Faith [Islam] will crawl back to the Madina like a snake crawls back to its hole.” (2)
      1. Al Hendy, Vol. 17, Hadith No. 539
      M. Anderson, “Jesus the Light and the Fragrance of God“, 1996
      2 Sahih Al-Gam’e Al-Sagir, checked by Sheikh Naser Al-Din Al-Albany, Hadith No. 1585 ditto

6. Diane Crouse
    March 2, 2014 at 12:49 am

CuteBoy, Did your prophet die for your sins? How are your sins forgiven? Our LORD did and He did claim to be the bread of life. I worship His Father in heaven, I worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. I worship that God the father of Jesus who is in heaven and I worship Him in the mighty name of Jesus who laid down His fife for our sins and our salvation so that we could be reconciled with our Father in heaven. You do not understand Christ Jesus and therefore you do not understand Christians.