Tennessee: Muslims Beat out College, Islamic Center Coming?

Here we go again, and no this is not the 52,000 sq ft Islamic Center, that non-Muslims are fighting against in Tennessee . That one is in Murfreesboro, this one is in Antioch. Non-Muslims are are waking up to the threat, and need to keep up the pressure. Meanwhile our government is supposed to protect us, but they are actually helping the enemy. The great citizens of America, are doing the job our useless government is supposed to be doing. Keep up the great work guys!

Neighbors Opposed To Antioch Islamic Center
Islamic Group Has Contract On Bell Forge Theater
Reported By Jonathan Martin

But a group of local Islamic leaders beat out the college for the contract on the building. The group plans to open the Islamic Center of Tennessee, which will include a mosque, eight classrooms, a library and lecture hall.

“I think the mosque will be a great addition to Antioch,” said Asif Chaudery, an area business owner.

Chaudery, who is Muslim, said the new center will do much for Hickory Hollow Mall and nearby stores.

“On Friday prayers and Sunday schools when you have 3,000 to 4,000 people here, that’s a lot of spending dollars they’ll be spending around this place,” Chaudery said.

But some feel the opposite way. Metro School Board member and Antioch resident Karen Johnson is among a group of neighbors petitioning Carmike Cinemas, asking its leaders not to finalize the contract for the Islamic Center.

“We’re meeting with the board of directors of Carmike to make a plea to them to please reconsider another offer from Nashville State,” she said.

Johnson said neighbors have nothing against the Islamic Center itself but don’t think it’s a good fit for the area. She said many neighbors feel Muslims tend to only patronize Muslim-owned businesses.

“What we want is something that complements the long-term vision, short-term and long-term vision of the business district,” Johnson said.

Chaudery said many in the Muslim community are professors and doctors with more spending power than college students.

“I go shopping at Kroger; I go shopping at about any store,” said Chaudery. “I don’t look at if it is owned by a Muslim or not.”

The president of Islamic Center of Tennessee said he had no idea when they were bidding that Nashville State was even trying to buy the property. The Islamic Center hopes to finalize its contract with the owners of the building next month.

Link to Article

Comments

comments

66 comments for “Tennessee: Muslims Beat out College, Islamic Center Coming?

1. June 29, 2010 at 12:55 am

“I think the moske will be a great addition to Antioch”

Well, yeah, Asif would say that, wouldn’t he? So why isn’t there a moske there already?

• kelli
      May 3, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Muslims are NOT peaceful/ they are ALL BAD!!! I want them out of Tennessee, out of America..U STUPID PEOPLE NEED TO REMEMBER what happened on 9 11!! Innocent people got killed, children on a plane died,Americans had to jump to their death so they wouldnt be burned alive in the towers. Christians, Like me, want to believe all people are good, and I hear sometimes..some Muslims are good…BUT THEY ARE NOT!!! Buddhists are the most peaceful people on the planet, they even tried to wipe out muslims!!! LOOK IT UP!!!
      People need to open their eyes, when u see a muslim-get the fuck rid of them, like a cockroach…cockroaches are way better..ALL MUSLIMS IN AMERICA NEED TO BE HUNG OR PUT IN FRONT OF A FIRELINE AND SHOT TO DEATH, it sux to say, but, come on, its the truth, they are bombing us left and right…and they are coming in to every state, every county, infiltrating, acting like they are peaceful…DO NOT GET SHIT TWISTED..YOUR NEIGHBORS< YOUR NICE MUSLIM NEIGHBORS WILL KILL YOU WHEN THEY GET THE CALL!!!

2. Judi in Wisconsin
    June 29, 2010 at 8:28 am

We tried to fight one here in Wisconsin, but our stupid town board let them get their foot in the door. That is all they want at first. Then they will start demanding more and more until Shariah law trumps the U.S. Constitution. Keep your ground, Tennessee!

• June 29, 2010 at 7:42 pm

You know its true as its always the same modus operandi. Vote out your town board at the next election and start imposing restrictions until the arselifters get the hint.

• June 4, 2012 at 7:21 am

Yes….!! You’re an idiot!!

And your comment proves it….!!

June 4, 2012 at 10:05 am

Three comments, and Justin has said nothing of substance.

3. B
    June 29, 2010 at 12:20 pm

We are being invaded! I just wish this religion was not also a political system. It would be one thing if they just practiced a religion, but Islam is far more than a religion. If you look at history and you read the quran then you know what Islam really is.

June 29, 2010 at 12:51 pm

They are working 100 MPH in an effort to take us over, and unfortunately most non-Muslim Americans do not even see it happening.

• Khadija
        July 1, 2010 at 10:38 pm

Why do non-Muslims hate us?Christians Build a Church.No problem,But If a Muslim builds a Mosque theres a problem,I don’t know If you know that there is a law and it is called freedom of RELIGION So why discuss it any way?I’m only 11 and i’m experiencing hate just because I’M Muslim,I think that is pitiful.IT IS Hard when someone discriminates against you,When that should be covered and in the name of law…It really hurts…

July 1, 2010 at 10:46 pm

Hi,
          So you are 11 years-old and up posting at almost 1 AM? The reason that many non-Muslims do not like Islam, is because Muslims are on a worldwide movement trying to impose Islamic Law on all. Islam is what discrimates, and sorry, but we are not going to let Islam takeover.

• July 1, 2010 at 11:40 pm

How many churches or synagogues are there in Soddy Barbaria? Care to tell us why?

• June 4, 2012 at 7:24 am

Never heard of that place. Your bad.

Btw, who’s the Russian dude with the lit bomb on his head that you’re using as your avatar?

• An Dean
      June 30, 2010 at 6:19 am

They are not immigrating, they are colonizing! They want their country in our country! They can’t have that. It is our country, that we build up, not them. And now they want to come and take it away, under the disguise of religion? Bit by bit, they take our rights away, and bit by bit our country looks more and more Islamic. Fuck that! Please outlaw Sharia Law and Sharia Banking, they will further ruin our culture and money system!
      They have to leave, we don’t want them, there are too many, all sucking off our tax money!We are losing our culture and free lives to their fucked up Allah, NO WAY, OVER MY DEAD BODY.

• Angry Taxpayer
        July 8, 2010 at 7:38 pm

Please take ACTION and simply burn their training centers to the ground. They are NOT religious centers they are indoctrination camps, and will spit out home grown terrorists. Islam should be treated like an ILLEGAL cult.

4. paul
    June 29, 2010 at 3:43 pm

All that is ever looked at by these board of directors is $$$$$$. The fallout prostitution continues on! We the people remember I read that somewhere!

All that is ever seen is the $$$$$. They just keep on with the prostitution. Not all can be bought with $$$$$$$ like freedom, liberty, peace of mind. Congress, local government, senate. Look at that jacks retard rev.(he is not really) a r

5. paul
    June 29, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Sorry I need a real computer to type on.

6. June 30, 2010 at 6:10 am

I took a 3-week class on Islam, taught by a guy who grew up in Pakistan as a Muslim (he later became a Christian, and, as a result, several attempts were made by his family and community to kill him, since he was an apostate), and he said that 95% of all mosques in the U.S. and worldwide conduct and/or support terrorist activities.

7. June 30, 2010 at 11:58 am

I suggest that someone open a pork-only restaurant next to this Islamic intrusion.

• June 30, 2010 at 12:52 pm

Calling it Allah’s Snackbar would also be nice. Hehehe

• June 30, 2010 at 8:17 pm

Will they serve devil ribs?

• June 30, 2010 at 9:21 pm

Yes, and beer to go with it. Not to mention mo HAM ed pork chops.

• July 1, 2010 at 12:30 am

Sounds like Hooters will have competition.

• aerialcat
          June 30, 2010 at 10:16 pm

Moe’s ribs, they call em Aisha’s, with a bkoody sauce covered in bruises.

• Angry Taxpayer
            July 8, 2010 at 7:41 pm

Allah-Kah-Bob’s Bar and Grill. And I like the Mo-Ham-Add SAND-witch.

8. aerialcat
    June 30, 2010 at 5:23 pm

I like the idea of making a pig the symbol of our disapproval and just keeping it right in their faces.

9. James Sunderland
    July 1, 2010 at 8:08 pm

Interesting that when you read this article about halfway down sane people would of stopped and thought, “Hold on a moment. This is purpetuating hate.” This is the United States of America gentlemen, and I think it’s about time you were reminded that we are a country of religious freedom. But wait a minute, don’t go changing the channel just yet on me! I can understand family concern perhaps that with more Muslims the risk of terrorist activites might increase. Or “They might be free but they should practice elsewhere.” But remember we all felt the power of true terror together.. as one nation.. Most of us do sympathize but all I can leave you with is this, Tennessee, just remember what your good book says…

• Bryan
      July 5, 2010 at 8:16 pm

Fools like you are going to get us all killed. Islam is not, I repeat, not a religion. It is a set of laws (Sharia) and has an agenda taking over everywhere (worldwide caliphet). Yes, religion is part of it, but you people need to take a look at what the religion of peace has done for DEERBORN, MI and the UK…wake up before you are forced to choose between submission, or death.

• Angry Taxpayer
        July 8, 2010 at 7:43 pm

You are correct. Islam does NOT allow adopting the American culture, it demands that any culture it invades become Muslim or be killed. THAT is the fundamental problem with allowing Islam to gain any kind of foot hold in any country. Bring back the KLAN ! ! !

July 8, 2010 at 8:15 pm

Welcome to the site AT!

• June 4, 2012 at 7:28 am

Paying taxes, but only learning lies from fools like Logan.

June 4, 2012 at 10:04 am

Point out the lies on your next post. Justin has listed “stopIsalmaphbia” as his site. What should I like about Islam Justin? What is your favorite part, the child marriage or slavery one? Using your so called “logic”, those who opposed Nazism were suffering from “Naziophobia”. Get a new talking point.

• cheryl
      August 1, 2010 at 4:13 pm

I agree with you James. I have never heard such idiocy. All these people should go back to a history class and be reminded that this country was founded as a country where people are free to worship without persecution. And obviously understanding the bible is too difficult for them(ex. Judge not less ye be judged, or Love thy neighbor) so i seriously doubt any of them can actually understand what the Quran says or doesn’t say. And 95% of muslims are against terrorism and extremism. And to judge all muslims by the actions of a few????hmmm sounds like judging to me.And in reality these people are extremists as well not much difference between the two sides. Both sides trying to create hatred for the other. And for the people saying to burn down the mosques…. guess what that makes you a terrorist as well. I am a Tennessee country girl and i love my country. I love the principles it was founded on. As far as i am concerned these people should be ashamed to call themselves American or Christian.

August 2, 2010 at 7:51 am

I see, you speak for 95% of the Muslims of world. Islam breeds terrorism, and terrorism is only part of the problem. Sharia law is an even bigger threat to Western Civilization, and being a Christian does not mean that the country should allow Islam forced on it.

• cheryl
          August 3, 2010 at 5:11 pm

Every time you type the ignorance fills the screen. Do you have any clue what you are talking about???? I’m sure you have read your anti islam info thoroughly but have you ever looked into anything that was pro islam so you could form your own opinion instead of what’s fed to you??? Of the hundreds of thousands of muslims that live in the u.s. can you honestly tell me that any of them have come to you and tried to “force” you to islam?????Have any of them ever done anything to wrong you(terrorists not included)? Have you ever even met one or sat and talked to one? You are a cowardly fear-monger. You are afraid of what you do not know. You are afraid to learn anything about it. Your fears drive your hatred.Islam does not breed terrorism….bad people breed terrorism. And from what you are promoting on this page you are just a terrorist or extremist to the opposite side.It is pointless to even try to debate it with you because your weak and feeble mind simply won’t allow it. Salam

August 3, 2010 at 5:34 pm

I did form my own opinion, and your childish personal attacks on me, show me you cannot refute what I am saying. The idea is to stop Islamic Law, before it IS forced on non-Muslims.
            I already proved that the Islamic scriptures breed terrorism, and if I was a coward I would not be so outspoken against Islam. Using your “logic”, the Jews were just as bad as the Nazis for opposing them, and I am not trying to impose a barbaric set of religious laws on all. So try again.

August 3, 2010 at 5:39 pm

I do know Muslims, and speaking to them changes nothing. As Muslims are encouraged by the Islamic scriptures. I guess you missed this.

Back in the New York Grove: My First Encounter With Muslims in NY

You guys keep on talking, and I will keep on exposing the lies.

August 3, 2010 at 6:37 pm

Hey “Cheryl”, I just noticed you are posting from Egypt! Where the Coptic Christians have been persecuted for centuries, and the home of Al Azhar. Which has officially approved the Islamic Law manual I read. Take the games somewhere else.

• August 3, 2010 at 6:55 pm

Cheryl:
            Are you a Mohamadan or just one of the Islamists’ useful idiots? Have ever read the Koran or the Hadiths? What aspect of Islam do you like: wife-beating, female genital mutilation, polygyny, second class status for women, limitation of women’s inheritances to only half of that given to a male, requirement of the testimony from two women needed to equal to that from just one man, mandatory covering of women’s heads in the presence of most males or any of the other misogynistic elements of Islam?

• Robert
            August 4, 2010 at 7:36 am

@Cheryl:

I would love to debate Islam, the Hadith and Sharia Law with you. I am an American Citizen, not Republican, Democrat, Liberal nor Conservative. I am a man of common sense and knowledge.

It’s not about what we’re talking about, but what radical muslims are talking about. In addition, they also speak through their evil deeds, which happens everyday all around the world. You are either a radical muslim yourself, a sympathizer of radical Muslims or you are just ignorant and naïve to the qur’an, Hadith and Sharia Law. Educate yourself and not by simply watching mainstream media.

And yes, I have had personal experiences with Muslims. I actually dated a Muslim (Palestinaian) woman many years ago. We snuck around and when her parents finally found out about us, all hell broke out. They threatened me, my family, threatend to throw acid in my face (to scar me so she wouldn’t want to be with me anymore as I’d be disfigured), hired mafia come to threaten me, her brother put a machete to my neck, they hired a private investigator to follow me, take pictures, find out where I worked, lived, etc. My ex-g/f’s cousin was with an American man. They eloped and eventually she was found dead with a knife up her vagina. They would rather their daughter dead than to be with anyone other than their own. For Muslims, pride and honor is everything. Why do you think there are so many stone killings (aka-honor killings) You think that’s human and justifiable? Is that what kind of law you want to live under Cheryl? Yes, my experience was one case, but there are thousands like this all over the world in every country. In NY, a husband beheaded his wife a year or so ago and his lawyer said he should NOT go to jail because he is allowed and commanded by Allah to do what he did, which is acceptable in his Religion. You don’t see a problem with this? Several days ago a NJ judge ruled it’s not rape when a Muslim man forces himself on his wife! You see nothing wrong with this? Understand, that regardless of where you live, one day, if you get raped by a Muslim man, his defense will be, “Your honor, my client is innocent because in his Religion, there needs to be four witnesses present when a woman gets raped.” So, all charges will be dropped.

Open your eyes will you! Stop living in a dream world and wake up. It’s people like you that will defend these Radicals and this religion and bring down whatever country you live in.

Statics show there are approx 100 million Radical Muslims out of 1.6 billion Muslims. Sure, thats only like 7 or 8%. Sounds very small, but 100 million is the 1/3 the size of the U.S. This is an ideology. The principles these Radicals live by are right in the Qur’an, Hadith and Sharia Law. Try reading them and then come back and let’s see if you still refuse to come to terms with what this Religion is all about. Yes, there are many more peaceful Muslims but they all still read the same Qur’an. There is only one Qur’an, even though those peaceful Muslims don’t practice the evil versus in their book.

Re; The Mosque near Ground Zero: I and many others, oppose the building of this Mosque just 600 ft. from Ground Zero. We have repeatedly asked Imam Faisal Abdul Rauf to honor our wishes and respect our fallen by NOT putting this Mosque at this location but he has refused to do so. Our asking him and other Muslims that so desperately want this Mosque here is not a Religious issue or political issue but a human issue of mutual respect for one another. We are continuously being told we need to be tolerant of all Muslims, we need to be respectful of all Muslims, but where is that same mutual tolerance and respect I ask?

I know not all Muslims are bad. I have a number of Muslim friends. So this is not an issue of racism. How can it even be classified as racism when Muslims are not a race, the same way Christians are not a race. And it’s not our fault that all 19 high jackers that killed more than 3,000 innocent people that day were Muslims and followed the religion of Islam. Why are we, as a society, afraid to put blame where blame is due? Don’t try to put guilt on us by calling us racists or bigots. let’s call a spade a spade. Now if all 19 high jackers followed the faith of Judaism, I would be strongly opposed to Jews wanting to build a synagogue here. If Timothy McVeigh was recruiting as many people as he could, preaching hatred and telling Christians to kill all non-Christians in the name of Jesus Christ, I would strongly oppose Christians wanting to build a Church here. But that’s not the case.

Like I said earlier, read the Qur’an, Hadith and learn about Sharia Law. And keep in mind, the Qur’an is meant to be taken literal. It was written by one person in this persons lifetime. There are some passages that contradict each other. The versus that were written latter are much more violent and non-tolerant than the earlier ones. But unlike The Bible or the Tora, Islam tells Muslims what to do when they come across a passage that’s contradictory. It states in the Qur’an that if there are contradictory passages, then follow the latter one. This explains why there are some Muslims who only live by and follow the more peaceful or less violent versus as opposed to some Muslims (Radicals) follow only the very violet, explicit versus. And when they say Islam is a religion of peace, what they actually mean is they will only be peace worldwide when every country is Islamic and under Sharia Law.

Know what you are speaking about before you challenege someone to debate or defend something or a people you know nothing about!

• August 3, 2010 at 7:27 pm

And here’s some history for you, cheryl –

• cheryl
          August 4, 2010 at 6:10 pm

Yes, I am posting from Egypt, I have lived here for 2 and a half years now. And yes there still are clashes here sometimes between the muslims and christians. But I also see the christians walking the streets freely, shopping freely, attending their church services freely. I have openly stated to people here that any violence toward any person due to their religion, race, sex, etc. is wrong. And at no point did i condone or support any violence in any of my previous posts. Having made that clear, if the christians here are being persecuted so heavily as you would lead people to believe i ask why then do they mark themselves and their children with a tattoo of a cross for all to see? As for what has happened to them in the past here i do not know nor claim to know.
          Now, am I a Mohammadan? There is no such thing.
          Am I a muslim? Yes I am a convert.
          Am I a radical? Far from it!!!
          Am i sympathetic to the Radicals? Absolutely not!!!
          At no point in my earlier posts did i support in any way what the Extremists are doing nor did i say that americans should sit down and let the extremists take over. I believe the extremism is a very dangerous thing and should be fought against by all. Also no where did i claim that i knew everything or anything about islam. At no point did i try to preach islam to you.The one and only point that i was trying to make is exactly what Robert said… Not all muslims are bad and not all muslims are extremists and we should not all be labeled with the extremist movement. I stated that 95% of muslims were against terrorism. Robert stated that 7%or 8% of muslims are radicals therefore that is 92% or 93% that are not so forgive my 2 or 3 percent error. Yes 100million is a very large number. Yes it is a scary number. It is a number that we all need to work on bringing way down(preferably to 0) But to attack the muslims in the 92% only acheives blinding them by their anger and helps the radicals pull them into the 8%. We all have to work together to stop the spread of radicalism.
          As far as interpreting the Quran Robert. I do have a Quran and i am reading it. I never claimed to be an expert on it. But I do not follow blindly what anyone tells me that it means. I will listen to anyone and their opinion from any side, but, i believe God gave us all common sense and intelligence to use to try to understand. And we will all answer for how we either interpreted it or trusted another to interpret it for us. But we are all told, whether we are muslim, christian or jew that God is a loving, forgiving, merciful God. So who with any common sense at all would say that he commands us to be anything other than the same. Robert I would be more than happy to talk to you anytime,not just to debate or argue or defend but to share each others opinions.

• cheryl
            August 4, 2010 at 6:23 pm

And if it truly is that people don’t want the mosques in their communities because they may be radicals, then let them open the mosque, attend some of their friday sermons, see what message it is that they are bringing. If they are spreading the message of extremism rise up as a community and shut them down.

August 4, 2010 at 6:37 pm

Sorry it does not work that way, we are against the expansion of Islam and our movement is just getting starter. Once a Mosque is already open, it will be much harder to close it down.

• cheryl
            August 4, 2010 at 6:40 pm

And there is one last thing i want to say. America is the greatest country, we fight against oppression, we fight against radicals, and all the other evils in this world but also it is the greatest because of our morals….our belief that all people are equal, that all people deserve freedom, and that all people deserve justice and fairness and if we let these radicals scare us into changing our morals and beliefs then they already have a sort of victory over us.

August 4, 2010 at 6:47 pm

This is just another attempt by you to get us to back off on Islam, that is not going to happening. Sometimes there are times to fight back in life, it has nothing to do with changing morals. This is one of them. You cannot be loyal to both Sharia and the US Constitution.

August 4, 2010 at 6:55 pm

Once again, the problem with Islam and the non-Islamic world goes way beyond terrorism. There is a an even bigger threat than violent Muslims, and that is the Sharia movement. Muslim immigration advances this. This is not about opinions, this is about what the Islamic scriptures say. This is not rocket science, Islam is the anti-thesis to Western Civilization.

There are more than clashes between Christians and Muslims in Egypt. There has been a persecution of the Coptics there for centuries, from the government included. Many of the Coptics are proud, and will not be intimated. There is a group of Coptics in NY that protest a lot, they protest against Islam for an obvious reason. This father is hated by Muslims, because he speaks the truth about Islam, as I do. He is a Coptic from Egypt. It seems that you have never even read the entire Koran, or any of the ahadith yet you call me all sorts of names. Please educate yourself, you may be part of something you really do not want to be associated with.

10. Bettiann Davis
    July 3, 2010 at 1:05 pm

I don’t think it’s Hate speech, it is reality! Islamic extremists are hiding behind OUR LAWS, and using them against us. Islam means “SUBMIT” and it is a religion, a gov., a culture, a way of life and it is infiltrating the United States in order to CONQUER, which is ordered by all Muslims in the Quaran. I, too, have heard from several speakers I have listened to that EVERY mosque and EVERY Muslim organization in America is funding terrorists overseas and their ultimate goal is JIHAD against ALL INFIDELS. It amazes me, these dedicated Muslims, are being found in strip clubs, partying, and all the things they say they are not allowed. Half of them should have committed suicide by now, according to their religion. They are taught in Islam that it is acceptable to befriend someone and deceive them. Get educated on who The Brotherhood of Muslims are and what they REALLY stand for, as well as CAIR. They portray they are civl rights groups for Muslims- but that, too, is deception to the American people, who are slow to find the bad in anyone because of our nature. Watch the documentary “Terrorists In America” http://philologos.org/guide/videos/jihad.htm, and “Homegrown Jihad” http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/02/11/cbsnews_investigates/main4793713.shtml, just to name a few. Listen to people like Brigitte Gabriel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8fa9yKQeTY, who escaped Islam in Lebanon after they attacked her family for being Christian and Mosab Hassan Yousef http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYw0TWlvECI, a top member in the Palestian movement and family of Hamas, and read his book “Son of Hamas” http://www.amazon.com/Son-Hamas-Gripping-Political-Unthinkable/dp/1414333072- details Islam, Hamas, and Jihad and what the war in the Middle East really is.
    Are you aware that there are over 35 Islamic TRAINING Camps in the US- and they are NOT peaceful!!! Islam is out to control the world and nothing less, and our ignorance will be our biggest downfall! They are taking advantage of our naivete, as they slither into America, a city at a time, with ONE agenda only.
    Remember these words when you think of Islam…
    “SUBMIT” and “CONQUER”… as we will be the ones submitting and they will be conquering!
    I think that ALL mosques should be banned in the US, but that won’t happen. So, for every mosque, build 10 churches- Christians RISE UP! We need to STOP our laws from changing to accommodate this cancer. This is AMERICA!!! When people come here, their FIRST allegiance should be to America. In spite of what the president says, we ARE a CHRISTIAN NATION, built on CHRISTIAN values and beliefs and we have no need or want for Islam AND AMERICANS SUBMIT TO NO ONE, BUT GOD.
    If the building of this mosque takes place in TN or anywhere else for that matter, I suggest someone build a great PORK BBQ next door, maybe even a hog farm to raise for the eatin’… maybe even a Nudist Camp… although I am sure the men from the mosques will be in the windows with their binoculars.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!

July 3, 2010 at 1:15 pm

Welcome to the site, and thank you for that very informative post!

• jo
      July 20, 2010 at 8:30 pm

this is scary

July 21, 2010 at 11:37 am

Welcome to the site Jo!

• cheryl
      August 2, 2010 at 7:26 am

A christian nation???? More history classes for you also.
      “Our Constitution doesn’t apply to you!” Why not, if not because he believes the USA was founded as a Christian nation, built on “Judeo/Christian” principles, and so Muslims must be excluded? That, of course, completely ignores the fact that many of the ‘founding fathers’ of the USA were Deists, who openly denied many of the basic principles of ‘orthodox’ Christianity, and Judaism also. And those ‘founding fathers’ specifically stated in the Treaty with Tripoli of Barbary (ratified in 1797 under the administration of John Adams – just 10 years after the ratification of the US Constitution) that “…the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion–as it has itself no character of enmity against the law, religion or tranquility of Musselmen [Muslims]“. I guess those men ought to know very well whether or not they had founded a ‘Christian nation’ – and they said they did NOT! And they specifically said that this nation is in no way opposed to the “law, religion or tranquility” of Muslims!

August 2, 2010 at 7:36 am

The constitution is not a suicide pact, and the founding fathers made a huge mistake by allowing Islam religion status. Non-Muslims are not going to let Islam takeover in the name of freedom of religion.

11. Stephen
    July 3, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Did anyone read about the Comedy Channel changing its planned mock effigy of Mohamed? Apparently it is a sin punishable by death to do that. The executives and their families were openly told by a prominent Muslim that they should expect Muslims would kill them and their families if they went forward with the representation of Mohamed – their addresses published on the web site also.

They caved in to the obvious threat. Apparently the message is don’t do that or they will come after you and your family.

12. Bryan
    July 5, 2010 at 8:22 pm

Yes, and they will be greeted with the barrel of my 20 gauge mossberg 500 if they try to mess with me or my family. Seriously, that is their MO, to intimidate people into silence, a virilant form of political correctness. We push back now or it will be worse later. I know a lot of good ol’ boys here in the south who will not take their crap, me among them. They can build their mosque here when Christians are allowed to build churches in Islamic countries. No? Didn’t think so.

• July 5, 2010 at 8:27 pm

In the UK, arselifters have now started up razor gangs. They target single males out alone at night. This is similar to their rape gangs but males are the target of their violence. Best thing to do is to carry a weapon. Not really possible in the UK, but possible in the US.

13. July 13, 2010 at 7:17 am

I was born in Fayetteville, Tennessee many years ago. I have a question: Are there really enough Muslims in Anitoch to justify spending the money and building a mosque and filling it up with 3-4 thousand people? Also, if the Muslims typically only patronize their own businesses, the good people of Antioch have the right to boycott these same businesses, do they not? John W. McAlister
    Ethical Universe

July 13, 2010 at 8:42 am

Hello John,

It all about them creating a presence, and drawing more people to Islam.

• jo
        July 20, 2010 at 8:37 pm

why are muslims exempt from obamacare?

• July 20, 2010 at 8:50 pm

Because O’Bummer looks after his pals.

• cheryl
      August 2, 2010 at 7:31 am

I was born in a small town in tennessee and the church i grew up in had an attendance of about 10 to 20 people. So by your point, that church should have been turned into something else???????

• Robert
        August 4, 2010 at 8:50 am

Cheryl, I see you chose not to reply to my comments to you. Good choice.

14. Randall
    July 17, 2010 at 4:52 pm

Bryan on July 5, 2010 at 8:22 pm: “Seriously, that is their MO, to intimidate people into silence, a virilant form of political correctness. We push back now or it will be worse later.”

Yep. Sounds a lot like our current government. I don’t know who to fear the most, the curent radical Islamist movement or our own government. Oh wait… They’re the same.

15. Curt Rabon
    July 20, 2011 at 3:40 am

A father and his young son rode the fast train through Atlanta recently. At most stops persons of different ethnic backgrounds got on and off the train. Each time a person got on the son would ask his father, “What country did that man or that woman come from?” Soon the son asked, “Dad, what are all these people doing in our city?” The father responded, “Most of them live here. Atlanta is their home. Just like this is our home.” “Dad, why did they leave their own country to come to America?” “Son, most of them have come here for the same reason your great grandfather came here from England. They want the freedom that only America offers.” “Dad, what freedom are you talking about?” “Son, I am talking about the freedom to think, the freedom of speech, the freedom of religion, and the freedom to live and work and travel where anywhere they can afford to go.” “Dad, why am I afraid of these people who look and talk different?” “Son, we fear others when they look and talk different from the way we do. But when we get to know them they are mostly just like us. God created all people as his children. When we get to know each other, we find that we like each other and can be helpful to each other. One of the reasons America is so great is because we all benefit from each other.” “Dad, does Jesus love all these people?” “Son, Jesus’ Father created all these people as his children and loves each one very much. Our Heavenly Father sent his Son, Jesus, to show us love and to give us the power to love one another. And Jesus has asked us to take the message of his love to all the people in the whole world.” “Dad, do all these people know Jesus. and that they are special to God?” “Son, many of them are here because they or their parents became friends of American Christian missionaries, who went from home to share the stories of Jesus and the new life in Christ with them.” “Dad, you say many of them came to America because missionaries told the stories of Jesus, and they believed. What about the others, who do not know that Jesus loves them?” “Son, I believe God is speaking to me this morning through your questions. I believe God is saying right now to me,’I have sent these children of mine here to Atlanta so that you who have experienced my love will share with them that I love them so much that I came as a real human person in Jesus to offer them new life, here and now and then in the world to come.”